Sacramento Pilgrim Community
We are the Sacramento chapter of the American Pilgrims on the Camino. This chapter was formed in July of 2016 by a few pilgrims who wanted to share their love of the Camino with those who have walked and those interested in doing so. We are passionate about the Camino de Santiago. We are passionate about pilgrimage, and we love sharing our experiences.
Our Chapter is only one of the many chapters that comprise the national organization, The American Pilgrims on the Camino.
The American Pilgrims on the Camino has a succinctly stated, clear mission: We foster the enduring tradition of the Camino.
First, by supporting its infrastructure through
- Grants for infrastructure improvements to non-profit organizations that provide for pilgrims on the Camino
- Training members to serve as hospitaleros in albergues on the Camino.
Second, by gathering pilgrims together through
- More than 50 active chapters (and growing) of American Pilgrims on the Camino holding activities all over the USA.
- A National Gathering of pilgrims was held last year in CA and planned next year for somewhere on the east coast.
Third, by providing information and encouragement to past and future pilgrims through
- Our website, American Pilgrims on the Camino , with its encyclopedic practical and historical information.
- Our Facebook group where more than 10,000 members share their questions and experiences.
- Our newsletter, La Concha, provides stories, poems, tips, and photos from members.
And lastly and maybe most importantly by issuing Camino-approved and recognized credentials to pilgrims for use on the Camino at no cost. Of course, a donation is greatly appreciated to further our mission but is never required.